Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tick-tock

I'm making progress, slowly but surely on my sewing projects.

I've finished the pillow sham. Yay! There was enough fabric left over to make a bolster pillow so, now I've got to add that to my sewing list, but hey, I get paid for doing that, so I can't complain too much.

I've got the baby quilt cut and ready to piece.

The screens are cut and ready to be sewn into the proper widths, the trim has been bought and the frog is figured out and ready to be cut.

So, just to stress myself out some more, I'm going over to my friend Heat's house to help her recover the glider for her sister's nursery. In lime green cheetah print. I think the pregger hormones are messing with Joh's brains.

Either way, I'll try to take pictures tonight .....

5 comments:

Christy said...

I actually bought some fabric to complete a sewing project today. Since I can't figure out my sewing machine, I'll probably be stitching my hand.

To redeem myself, I am going to brag about the fact that I can crochet. I MADE TWO BABY BLANKETS!!!

Carrie said...

Yay! That is something I am no good at. Crochet and knitting. I simply can't count. I loose track of where I am and where I'm suspose to be.

If I lived near you, I'd give you a sewing lesson. It's not hard, really. You definitly need someone to walk you through the machine steps.

Christy said...

Yeah, I definitely think I could learn if someone could show me how to use it. I tried reading the manual, but that was not very helpful.

Carrie said...

The Singer website has slightly better instructions on how to thread a machine and how to fix common mistakes....

Joy said...

I wish I could sew. I mean, I can attach a button and a hemor two but to create things like you, man I would love to do that. More power to you!