Thursday, May 10, 2007

What to pack or not to pack, that is the question....

To put it mildly, I am an over packer. Do they have a 12-step program for that? I sure need one. So far I have packed my suitcase 3 times. Rewashed half of the cloths (thanks Tater!) of course that was my fault for leaving the suitcase open on the floor. Sigh.

To combat my over packing tendencies, I am limiting myself to 1 suitcase- 26" and a small beach bag. That seems like plenty, doesn't it? It's only a 4 night cruise.... I'm having trouble fitting everything in. My current list:

4 dresses (one for each dinner)
2 swimsuits
2 cover-us (they match the 'suits of course)
2 shorts
2 Capri's
2 skirts
8 shirts
1 Shaw
5 shoes

Now, that all fits in the suitcase, but there is no room for my toiletries or the legal bottle of wine or a 6 pack of water. Plus I want to take a power strip with me. The room has only 1 outlet. 3 girls, 1 outlet = primping disaster.

I also need to figure out what to wear for boarding. I want to wear a swimsuit, so we can lay out without having to change, but what to wear over it? I don't really want to wear the cover up as we're going to be in the car for 6 hours before boarding. Sigh. mountains and molehills. Any advice?

5 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

My advice would be to take another bag :P

But this is coming from the poster child for overpacking.

I SO envy you (read I'm SO jealous of you!)

When do you leave?

mormar said...

Have so much fun...Once you get ther you won't care what you packed, except for the wine

Carrie said...

You are both so right! As of now, I am packed, all but shoes and toiletries.

1peanut said...

hmmm, are the clothes folded or rolled? My step mother taught me that if you roll them you will have more room and believe it or not if you do it neatly(and tightly) it doesn't wrinkle them.

Carrie said...

I rolled. I also packed cheap hangers, 3 girls together in a cabin? We are so going to need more hangers!