Wednesday, March 12, 2008

worry and frett.

All the Details have been ironed out and Zalebaby and I are going to Savannah for the weekend. Well, really just overnight on Saturday. The dog care has been arranged, the hotel is booked, Zalebaby is excited and I am dreading it.

We're going with a bunch of friends who want to do the St. Patty's day parting. I'm not looking forward to the drunk party crowds that Savannah's St Patty's day weekend seems to be. I say seems, since I've never been there during St Patty's day. I love Savannah, it is so beautiful. I'm a bit of a history junky and love to do museum tours. I'm whiny because I don't want deal with the hassle. Boy is it going to be a hassle. I'd be less whiny if we had planed this earlier and gotten a hotel room on river street and we could just walk out the door and do as we please, but the planners of this adventure got a hotel in the outskirts of Savanna and are planing on driving in so we can party on river street. Like that is going to work out well. Hello---drinking and driving? Not to mention parking is going to be a joke. I know that there are going to be shuttles, so I'm going to do some research and find out where the stops are.

This party weekend is so not the break my heart, mind and body are crying for.

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

You will have a wonderful time. savannah is a fairly good taxi town - just use them - You definitely do not want to drive and try to park in the river street area - a traffic nightmare and super expensive. Just have the hotel call you a van cab. Any of the river street hotels can do the same for you on the return trip - just hit any lobby concierge desk and tip the guy well.

You are however correct about the drunken party crowd. My neice is there at SCAD and she is leaving until after the party's over.

I do hope you have a great weekend. I am looking forward to meeting you soon

Very Mary said...

Um, I tend to be a recluse, so this sounds like my worst nightmare ever.

Carrie said...

It's not my worst nightmare, but part of my problem is I have no control over the outting. It was planned by someone else and I don't trust them to do a good job with the details.

Dice said...

(hugs) Keep an open mind and relax--you might have fun in spite of yourself.

(grin)

Christy said...

I am not much of a partier, so this actually doesn't sound fun to me either. But going to museums sounds fun.