Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm Not Pregnant...Yet



So, what is with the "Hi! I'm pregnant summer fashions? It is driving me insane. The majority of the female population are not hip-less 12 year olds. Even the models look preggers. I keep seeing the style everywhere. Grr. Hello! I have a waist! I'd like to not look pregnant. I'd like to show off my curves, isn't that why I workout everyday and deny myself all my favorite foods, just so I don't look fat? Sigh.

Maybe it is just baby lust. I feel surrounded by babies or mothers to be and I want to be one. Time goes by so slowly. Things are still in line for starting to try in January, but that seems so far away. But until then, do I want to look pregnant? NO!! Of course by the time I am pregnant, will I be able to find this type of clothing? With my luck, no. Maybe I should buy a bunch when they go on sale, so to have them next summer when (I hope) to be preggers.

9 comments:

1peanut said...

yup. wait til they go on clearance and buy up all the cute ones. but make sure you buy them a couple sizes too big cause if you get pregnant in january you will be pretty far along by the time summer comes.

Joy said...

I like the dresses but yes, the fashionable-not-preggers-but-look-preggers looks got me kinda skiddish.

mormar said...

I like the idea of buying now and saving!!

Trixie said...

good luck on trying... my husband and i are also trying.

N. said...

Once you've been pregnant you will never ever again want to wear and empire waist dress. I think this everytime I watch a Jane Austen movie. I have my hips back - and I'm not losing them under reams of fabric. Ever. Again.

Michael said...

A recently married friend has been wearing fashions like these, prompting rumors she is preggers. Of course no one will ask in case they offend her!

Carrie said...

Michael,

I can't blame your friends for that! If she's not preggers, then it is implied she's fat, when she's just wearing an unflattering style.

Kirsten said...

Carrie - too true and funny!!!

I am only 5'4", so it really does make me look pregnant. I guess I'll save some $$ this year not buying as many spring/summer tops? :)

Have the T-shirt said...

I finally got around to that post about being a parent I promised you.

I was preggers before it was fashionable to have your preggo belly hanging out for the world to see. I would have been SO into that!