Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My 1st Swap

When it rains, it pours. I'm not talking about the weather, I'm talking about my time management skills, which are poor. I've been wanting to do a swap, I kept seeing the cool things others do in the craft blogger world and I wanted to join them. So...I found Swap-bot and signed up for a swap. The Handmade Bookmark Swap. I signed up in early February, then had to wait until the end of the month to see who my partners were. It seemed to take forever. Then in the first week of March I got my partners. That is when it started raining. I looked at the calendar. The bookmarks need to be Mailed by the 10th and on the 17th is Heats baby shower (for which I had/have huge amounts of sewing to do) Ack! Alas and alack. So I kicked my butt in gear and got the bookmarks finished and mailed out on the 9th. I had two partners and each one got a sewn paper bookmark and a quilted bookmark. For a little something extra I included a handmade note pad to each lady. I got the idea for the notepads at my house is cuter than yours! Mine are a variation on the theme, but I really hope they like them. (and my bookmarks!) I had fun making them.







This is what I received from crochetoholic debb a lovely crocheted pink rosette bookmark and a fun pink bookmark that has a sweet poem on the other side. Also a Leprechaun Pin (I'm going to wear it to the baby shower) some green tea (long gone now! yum!) and a really cool card. It is going to be cut out and go on my Christmas tree this winter.




From my other partner, Denise I received 4, count them 4 bookmarks. Each one a treasure. I really liked her metal stamping. Way cool. She also included a neat multi media handmade card. I shouldn't forget the dum-dum. (also long gone!) She sent her bookmarks in a cool sleeve to protect them.

I am so pleased with everything I got in my swap. I can't wait to do it again. I just need to get past this weekend, then clean up my sewing room before I can sign up for another. Nothing has been more annoying that look for all of my supplies. I hadn't unpacked them from the move, so I don't know where everything is. This will be remedied next week!

5 comments:

mormar said...

Holy cow, I am glad you liked my bookmarks and card. I was having a nervous break down about them. I kept thinking they looked like a child made them or something...
Yay!! That was fun though, only my second swap.

Carrie said...

Denise--silly girl! they are very lovely, I'm already using 2 of them! (I tend to read several books at a time) I AM sorry it's taken me so long to post about them! Work has been busy for a change.

mormar said...

I tend to read several books at a time also...
" I love Books"

Anita said...

Hi Carrie!

I found that swab-bot page as well a couple of weeks ago. It sounds great but since I am still quite busy (gardening PLUS sewing PLUS housekeeping PLUS my full time job), I did not yet subscribe to any swaps.

Your new bookmarks are cool!

Carrie said...

Anita, wait untill you see what I did for the baby shower....I should get that post up today or tomorrow.