Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My so called sewing room

My sewing room is haunting me. I even walked in it yesterday and looked at the piles. Piles of fabric, piles of stuffing, piles of patterns, piles everywhere except on the treadmill that I haven't used in months. I keep that free so I will use it. Or so I tell myself. Sigh. I need another sewing job to kick myself into gear. I've been wanting to make a table runner and placemats. I've got plenty of fabric to do it with, but I haven't wanted to be in the sewing room to do it. I must clean it.

I've also been thinking about making a hand pieced doll quilt. I want something that I can work on in front of the TV with my hubby. He gets a little whine-y when I go upstairs and sew after work, unless its a paying job. Plus, I like to sew to the TV and I don't have one the the disaster area I call a sewing room.


bonus Picture: hubby and my niece at Christmas


3 comments:

Christy said...

Definitely pick a project that will allow you to stay in the same room as your hubby. I crochet while watching TV with John all the time. Its relaxing, I am getting something done,and I am spending time with my husband. Everyone wins.

I AM VERY MARY said...

Sweetie, you can just send some of that fabric over here. I'll just take it off your hands. No problem at all! I'd do it because I love you:) ha ha!

Carrie said...

wow Mary Ann, so kind of you to offer! You never know what might show up on your doorstep. 'course I'd be expecting place mats back...
;-)