Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total Eclipse of the heart.....

I'm showing my geek side.....
Zalebaby and I went outside last night around 10:30 and got to see this. It was so very cool. I've never seen a lunar eclipse before. It seems every time one was occurring, we had cloud cover. Even for this eclipse, we missed most of it due to the clouds (and where the moon was...had to wait for it to get high enough to see over the other houses) but it was thrilling to see the moon last night. Not for another 3 years, Dec. 21, 2010 will there be another total lunar eclipse.

In high school, I was lucky enough to go to the "rich" school. I lived 4 houses into the school district. High school sucked, its no fun being the geeky poor girl in the school where all the doctor's kids went to school. One of the cool things about the school was it had a Planetarium. I loved astronomy class. The teacher was crazy fun and the subject matter kept my attention. It was one of the few classes I enjoyed. I so wish that I could have had more classes like that.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Beautiful picture. I am so out of the loop that I didn't even know we had a lunar eclipse.