Friday, June 06, 2008

Book Review: Legend by David Lynn Golemon


From Wikipedia--The word mythology refers to a body of folklore/myths/legends that a particular culture believes to be true and that use the supernatural to interpret natural events and to explain the nature of the universe and humanity.

So for my Mythology section of the Once Upon a Time II Challenge, I went with Legend by David Lynn Golemon. It is not classified as a Fantasy or Sci-Fi book, but as a thriller. It is about the search for El Dorado. It's kinda a modern Indian Jones story. There is global power conflicts, scientific backstabbing and secrets, kept for centuries. The mythology of the story is in the myth of El Dorado and the Aztecs who built it. It was a good read, but I wanted to read more about the clever way the Aztecs protected their treasure, rather than the modern politics around finding it. I probably won't pick up any more books by Golemon, his style is heavy on the mechanics of weapons and fighting. While I love a good fight scene, I'm not really interested in all the bells and whistles of tanks and guns.

No comments: