Tuesday, August 25, 2009

R.I.P. IV


It's that time of year again. It's time for Carl's R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge. I love being part of it. I've stretched into a new genre of stories by being part of this group.

This year I'm going to do:

Peril the First:

Read Four books of any length, from any sub-genre of scary stories that you choose.

The Challenge is from September 1st to October 31st. I think I can manage to read 4 vampire/supernatural books by then, baby or no baby.

My pool of books include:

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine, (currently on my nightstand) a vampire story
Spectre by Phaedra Weldon, (also on my nightstand) a supernatural story
Strange brew, edited by P.N. Elrod. (on my nightstand---ok, so it seems I have been gravitating in this direction lately) Witchy short stories
Pride and prejudice and zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.by Grahame-Smith, Seth (sigh, also on my nightstand and the one I'm going to read first, as it is due back to the library on the 2nd) Zombie story
City of bones by Cassandra Clare
(in my library queue) Supernatural/demonology story
Dates from hell by Harrison, Kim (also in my library queue) Supernatural short stories.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other people are reading in the challenge, so I can find some new scary books to read.


6 comments:

Becky said...

I really enjoyed P&P & Zombies. Very fun in my opinion.

I also read some Cassandra Clare this year.

I look forward to reading your reviews!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I can't see the title Strange Brew without thinking of Bob and Doug MacKenzie. Take off, eh.

Love having you in the event again this year and am glad you already have so many books lined up and waiting.

DesLily said...

dates from hell huh? hmmm i think when i was young (in the stone age) I had some of those! lol

great list i hope you enjoy your books!!

Heather said...

Oh I loved PPZ and The Mortal Instruments series. Cassandra Clare is awesome. Good luck with the challenge!

Amanda said...

P&P&Z is a great book. :)

Lady Em said...

They all sound really good, which one do you think is the best, I need something good to read, but not too scary because then I'll be sleeping with the lights on for a week!