Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sleep.....must have sleep....

I thought that sleep deprivation started after the baby got here. No such luck on my part. Since Christmas I've been getting 2-4 hours of sleep at a time. It wasn't so bad to deal with while I was off work, but now that I'm back, it's killing me.

I go to bed at a reasonable hour, I'm using pillows like the books tell me to, but it's not working. I sleep for a few hours, then my hips ache so bad I have to get up and walk around for a bit, then I can lay down and sleep for a little while.....then I repeat until it's time to get ready for work. I'm not happy about this new development. Falling asleep at my desk is not a good way to promote job security.......
Any how, now that I'm done B!tching, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Be safe and have fun. Someone please have too much Champagne for me.

4 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

That will ease off soon - but it is replaced by that other kind - sorry - but that is the reality.

Happy New Year.

Very Mary said...

I used Icy Hot on my hips when they ached like that. It took the edge off long enough for me to get back to sleep. I'm sure there's some great herbal/organic alternative out there, but Icy Hot, it saved the day!

Have the T-shirt said...

Man, I hear you on the hip pain thing. With both my pregnancies, that is the one thing that stands out in my mind as the most difficult to endure.

Maybe it's natures way of getting us ready for the real sleep deprivation during those first few months of parenthood?

Hang it there, it is all worth it!

Nathalie said...

dear Carrie,

I came here through http://tinkerbell-nl.blogspot.com and I really like your blog! (just wanted to say that). Have a good 2009 and good luck with the pregnancy!